We are web application development professionals, specialising in open source technologies with offices in London, Sheffield, Liverpool and Manchester.
- You have an excellent working knowledge of PHP and web application development
- You are a self-starting coder and well versed in various technologies/languages
- You have experience with a unit testing framework and an invested interest in delivering quality code.
- You will have significant experience of PHP development in a commercial environment and preferably a good computer science related degree, or equivalent
- More importantly, you have an aspiration to become a high-level consultant and/or developer in this area, and a drive to be challenged and to expand your skills
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a strong team player, and have good communication skills
- You are actively seeking an exciting new opportunity
- You have solid experience implementing PHP applications, and an interest in and awareness of best practices in software development
- You are able to regularly commute to our office (either London, Sheffield, Liverpool or Manchester) and/or to client locations, and you are eligible to work in the UK
- Zend and/or MySQL certifications are preferred, but not required. However, we do require all new employees to become Zend Certified Engineers within the first few months of employment (at our expense)
At Inviqa, everyone has a responsibility to be the best at what they do. You will be involved in challenging application development projects for blue chip companies, and will be working with the best in the industry on a variety of complex projects. We are only happy when the customer is 100% satisfied, and our employees do their utmost to exceed expectations. It goes without saying that you know your PHP – really, really well.
What We Offer
You have an amazing opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic company, working with some of the leading lights of the open source industry. Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary and a discretionary bonus. We also operate a child care voucher scheme. Our technical staff receive regular training (up to 5 days/year) and are encouraged to attend PHP/open source conferences (up to 5 days/year) and of course, we'll provide you with the latest tools to help you do your job (e.g. a Macbook Pro).
If you are interested in this position at Inviqa, please send your CV, your salary expectations, and your current employment status (with details of necessary notice period, if relevant) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies, please. All communications will be treated as confidential.