About the role
Are you passionate about discovering and communicating the business needs of a client? Do you enjoy working with development teams to deliver and realise the value in projects?
If the answer is 'yes', then Inviqa wants to hear from you.
Inviqa is a technology partner that works with some of the leading brands and organisations across the UK and worldwide. Our Business Analysts are a lynchpin in engaging with customers, and ensuring that their needs are properly understood and represented.
Responsibilities and duties
You’ll be engaged in a number of tasks, including:
- Being responsible for exploring and documenting business needs, helping define project goals, risks and constraints
- Breaking down a business goal into specific deliverables that are prioritized and well defined
- Having great people skills, you’ll be a natural interviewer, and be able to quickly gather information from others
- The ability to draw upon a range of different analytical tools / techniques to elicit and communicate business needs, changes, and requirements
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse their needs, and acting on them accordingly
- Focusing on adding business value, you’ll be able to help focus and prioritise changes which make a positive impact for the client
- Being part of a team that ensures that the recommended solution is commercially viable for Inviqa, as well as being competitive for the client
- Designing and facilitating business focussed workshops, with confidence
- You’ll be responsible for exploring and documenting business needs, helping define project goals, risks and constraints
- Helping our project teams compile and manage product backlogs
- Demonstrating good attention to detail and being able to define unambiguous backlog items, so that these can be communicated clearly to project teams
- Making suggestions and pointing out new opportunities for the client, where appropriate
- Working independently with clients, and under the direction of project managers, to define concepts and solution design
- Mapping out the client’s requirement specifications in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria, according to standard templates, using natural languageCreating snapshots of the project’s intention through user journeys and diagrams
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, analysing and agreeing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs as part of the delivery team
- identifying blockers, highlighting risks, and working with the team and Product Owner(s) to mitigate their impact
- Communicating requirements and specifications to the Project Manager
- Serving as an ongoing conduit between the customer community (internal and external stakeholders) and the software development team through which requirements flow
You will be:
- Able to work confidently on projects with internal stakeholders and 3rd party clients, preferably in a digital agency environment.
- Naturally inquisitive and have a genuine interest in digital technology as an enabler for change.
- Proud of working for a technology partner, and with some the leading brands and organisations across the UK, and worldwide.
- Capable of building long-lasting relationships with our clients, and you’ll be an active part of a high performing team, and add value to the business.
- Resilient, professional, and unflappable
Qualifications and experience
You’ll have the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a BA role, preferably on digital / technology / software development projects
- The ability to demonstrate significant experience working as a BA across the entire project lifecycle
- Practical, working familiarity of Agile methodologies including SCRUM and Kanban
- A well-rounded technical and commercial knowledge, with experience gained from at least one of the following areas; e-commerce, digital content, or software development
- A relevant business analysis qualifications such as the ISEB, BCS, IIBA, or be working towards this
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer you a competitive salary and a discretionary bonus. We'll provide you with the latest tools to help you do your job (e.g. a Macbook Pro).
We have a company pension scheme, and offer childcare vouchers to all staff. You will also receive up to 5 conference and 5 training days per annum.