About the role
Are you passionate about discovering and communicating the business needs of a client? Do you enjoy working with development teams to deliver and realise the value in projects? Do you enjoy working with development teams to deliver and realise the value in projects?
If the answer is 'yes', then Inviqa wants to hear from you.
Inviqa is a technology partner that works some of the leading brands and organisations across the UK and worldwide. Our Business Analysts are a lynchpin in engaging with customers and ensuring that their needs are properly understood and represented.
Responsibilities and duties
You’ll be engaged in a number of tasks, including:
- You’ll be responsible for exploring and documenting business needs, helping define project goals, risks and constraints
- You’ll break down a business goal into specific deliverables that are prioritized and well defined
- You’ll have great people skills, be a natural interviewer and be able to quickly gather information from others
- You’ll be able to draw upon a range of different analytical tools / techniques to elicit and communicate business needs, changes and requirements
- You’ll proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse their needs, and act upon them accordingly
- You’ll be focussed on adding business value and will be able to help focus and prioritise changes which make a positive impact for the client
- You’ll be part of a team that ensures that the recommended solution is commercially viable for Inviqa, as well as being competitive for the client
- You’ll be confident designing and facilitating business focussed workshops
- You’ll help our project teams compile and manage product backlogs
- You’ll have good attention to detail and be able to define unambiguous backlog items that can be communicated clearly to project teams
- You’ll make suggestions and point out new opportunities for the client, where appropriate
- You’ll work independently with clients, and under the direction of project managers, to define concepts and solution design
- You’ll map out the client’s requirement specifications in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria, according to standard templates, using natural language
- You’ll create snapshots of the project’s intention through user journeys and diagrams
- You’ll collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, analyse and agree tradeoffs between usability and performance needs as part of the delivery team
- You'll identify blockers, highlight risks and work with the team and Product Owner(s) to mitigate their impact
- You’ll communicate requirements and specifications to the Project Manager
- You’ll serve as an ongoing conduit between the customer community (internal and external stakeholders) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- You are able to work confidently on projects with internal stakeholders and 3rd party clients, preferably in a digital agency environment.
- You’ll be naturally inquisitive and have a genuine interest in digital technology as an enabler for change
- You’ll be proud of working for a technology partner, and with some the leading brands and organisations across the UK, and worldwide.
- You’ll be capable of building long-lasting relationships with our clients, and be an active part of high performing teams, adding value to their business
- You’ll be resilient, professional, and unflappable
Qualifications and experience
- You’ll have previous experience of working in a BA role, preferably on digital / technology / software development projects
- You’ll be able to demonstrate significant experience working as a BA across the entire project lifecycle
- You’ll be familiar with Agile methodologies including SCRUM and Kanban, and have experience working in this environment
- You’ll have a well-rounded technical and commercial knowledge, with experience gained from at least one of the following areas; e-commerce, digital content, or software development
- You’ll hold relevant business analysis qualifications such as the ISEB, BCS, IIBA.
- You’ll hold an undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience
- We ask all staff to undertake a DBS check. You should be happy to do this.
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.
You will also receive up to 5 conference and 5 training days per annum.