About the Role
Reporting to the Head of People and Learning (P&L), this role will involve looking after the day-to-day admin of the P&L department, ensuring that important tasks are seen to and flagging issues to the Head of P&L. This role would suit someone who enjoys admin, has great attention to detail and could be someone interested in taking their first steps into HR. We’re looking for someone who really cares about doing a good job, who is responsible, sensible, thinks on their feet, but who also has a sense of humour. This is a support role, with a strong operational focus.
Responsibilities and duties
Your key responsibilities & duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Work with Training Assistant to ensure all learning and development records are up to date and admin tasks are taken care of
- Appraisal admin tasks, such as booking meetings and reviewing notes, updating objectives
- Organising meetings for employees and managers
- Producing letters from templates to cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Monitoring that correct processes are adhered to, answering staff queries
- Check references for new employees
- Maintaining staff personnel records on Bamboo (HR database) and adhoc recruitment administration tasks
- Organising company events alongside Admin and Finance team (e.g. Christmas party, barbeques)
You will be:
- Able to forge effective business relationships, quickly build rapport, and garner pertinent information
- An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
- Meticulous in detail
- Capable of working both independently on tasks and in conjunction with the Head of P&L
- Organised and good at time management
- Resilient, able to work in busy environments and to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and good at time management
- Able to communicate well with others, both in writing and in person. You’ll know when to be concise, and when to give details.
- Able to autonomously complete tasks assigned you, to a good standard, without leaving things unfinished or incomplete
- Understanding of the needs and goals of the business
- Proactive when faced with issues which you typically encounter in the course of your work. You know when to escalate issues, and are prepared to take action yourself in order to get a problem resolved
- Able to act with integrity and respect confidentiality; aware of sensitive information and the need to handle it carefully
Qualifications and experience
You will have:
Previous office experience is essential, ideally in a HR role. An undergraduate degree in a business related subject, or equivalent, is desirable.
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills. We invest in our People and Learning department, including Professional Coaching available to all employees. Above all, you will be a part of an exciting and growing company where you will be working with an international pool of colleagues on a daily basis.