About the role
Inviqa is looking for a Lead Technical Engineer to enhance our “Ops” Team. Inviqa’s mission is to deliver the best platforms, from ecommerce to content, we work on projects for some of the most exciting projects for large enterprise clients across Europe. You’ll be leading the team responsible for shaping client infrastructure design and implementation.
Responsibilities and duties
You’ll be engaged in a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Developer Environments: Defining and applying the best standards for the software engineers’ development environments (Docker)
- Infrastructure and Deployment: Advising technical teams within Inviqa and from Inviqa’s clients, on the best infrastructure choices and deployment strategies (Kubernetes, Heroku, and other platforms as a service)
- CI/CD: Actively investigating and implementing continuous integration tools and deployment pipelines (ContinuousPipe, Codeship, Travis)
- Advice and Guidance: Liaising between Engineering and Consulting to resolve complex customer cases and recommend solutions
- Leadership: Leading by example, caring for your team, and establishing credibility with the quality of your own, and your team's technical execution.
- Software Design: Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Inviqa’s client services.
You will be able to:
- Lead and inspire a technical group
- Work productively and affably with colleagues and clients
- Handle difficult and awkward conversations, and diffuse, mediate and resolve conflict that may have been escalated to you
- Coach and mentor others on more complex areas of expertise
- Advise and guide others on the best means of communicating messages, and to perform postmortems on communication breakdowns, with more junior developers, to assess areas for future improvement
- Motivate and enlighten others on the best way to understand tasks, and help them to reach solutions. Others actively seek your opinion and input on technical problems
- Help others integrate with the team, and work as effectively and quickly as possible
Qualifications and experience
Ideally you’ll have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field (or have equivalent experience). You’ll have worked in infrastructure and/or deployment related roles previously, or in a development or technical role which was Ops heavy. If you have experience of working in an agency or client-side environment, this would be an advantage.
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.
You will also receive up to 5 conference and 5 training days per annum.