About the role
We are passionate about delivering quality, high-end web development using open source technology. Founded in 2007, we quickly established ourselves as the leading PHP authority in the UK. Today we have seven offices in the UK, Germany and Hungary with over a 170 employees, and we’re still growing.
Due to business growth, we are looking for Magento Developers to join our UK and Hungary offices (Brighton, Sheffield, Leeds, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Hodmezovasarhely, Szeged). You’ll be working on large-scale enterprise projects for our clients using a range of PHP frameworks, including Magento 1 and Magento 2. All our projects are run using Agile methodologies, and you’ll be part of a SCRUM or Kanban team.
Responsibilities and duties
You’ll be involved in projects during a number of stages, as follows:
- You may be asked to contribute to client proposals, pending review by a more senior technical staff member. This may involve travel to client sites for consultancy meetings.
- You may be asked to set up the environment for the commencement of a project in preparation for the rest of the team to begin work. This is likely to require making decisions about what tools and services to use taking into account factors such as the level of knowledge and the expectations of the team and the company as a whole, as well as industry best practice.
- You will undertake sprint work as required by the needs of the project. The majority of your time will be spent writing code and carrying out tests.
- You may be required to liaise between junior developers, clients, hosting companies, and other stakeholders.
- You will contribute to, and participate in, Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups and project demos.
- You will be expected to attend project retrospectives and contribute as appropriate.
You will be:
- Capable of writing automated tests to an acceptable standard using tools such as PHPUnit, PHPSpec and/or Behat
- Comfortable using the git version control system, or have experience using another VCS
- Familiar and comfortable with implementing ecommerce solutions using Magento 1 and/or Magento 2
- Familiar with Magento marketplace extensions and selecting the right extension for the task
- Able to customise Magento by implementing bespoke modules
- Familiar with one or more popular open source frameworks/applications, such as Symfony Framework, or Drupal
- Able to perform rudimentary linux administration tasks, and be comfortable working on the command-line
- Flexible and adaptable when solving technical problems
- Able to use appropriate tooling and profiling to debug problems and identify where in a system there is a performance bottleneck
- Able to balance pragmatism and idealism to produce code of a high quality within reasonable time expectations
Qualifications and experience
- Be a certified Magento Developer or have relevant work experience
- Have previous commercial development experience, ideally within several different working environments
- Have experience of working on a variety of projects of different size and different duration
- Have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience (preferable, but not mandatory)
- Have experience of presenting at local Magento events (desirable, but not essential)
What we offer
Our employees value Inviqa’s flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.
You will also receive up to 5 conference and 5 training days per annum, have access to our Learning and Development team, with ongoing training and coaching throughout your journey with us.