About the role
Purpose of the role
As a Developer, you will be expected to work in project teams and have a good understanding of multiple technical topics. Through your approach to work and your attitude, you will have earned the confidence of your team. Your team will expect you to be able to get through work with minimal supervision, and contribute to the project as a whole as determined by your skills and ability.
Responsibilities and duties
At Inviqa, everyone has a responsibility to be the best at what they do. You will be involved in exciting eCommerce projects and challenging application development projects for blue chip companies. We are only happy when the customer is 100% satisfied and our employees do their utmost to exceed expectations. It goes without saying that you know your Magento – really, really well.
Professional and personal characteristics
- You have an excellent knowledge of Magento, having used it on previous ecommerce sites
- You are a self-starting coder with great PHP skills
- You have significant experience of PHP development, ideally from working in an agency environment
- You have a computer science-related degree, or equivalent experience
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a strong team player and have good communication skills
- You are actively seeking an exciting new opportunity
- You have an interest in and awareness of best practices in software development
Qualifications and experience
- Zend and/or MySQL certifications are preferred, but not required. However, we do require all new employees to become Zend Certified Engineers within the first few months of employment (at our expense)
- Magento Plus certification would be a bonus
- We ask all staff to undertake a DBS check. You should be happy to do this.
What we offer
You have an amazing opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic Magento Gold Solution Partner, working with some of the leading lights of the open source industry. The Magento eCommerce Platform is the fastest growing platform in the world, and being at the centre of the UK Magento community, Inviqa sees the majority of the larger, most interesting implementations. Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary and a discretionary bonus. All employees are eligible to join the company pension scheme after probation. We also operate a childcare voucher scheme. Our technical staff receive regular training (up to five days/year) and are encouraged to attend open source conferences (up to five days/year) and of course, we'll provide you with the latest tools to help you do your job (e.g. a Macbook Pro).