About the role
Are you an innovative Product Manager who relishes challenge? Do you want to join a dynamic, fast paced company, where you’ll get to make your mark on processes, and run your own department? If the answer to these questions is “yes”, then we’re interested in talking to you.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to own and lead the process of developing and taking products to market. This is a new role, so you’ll really get to establish the function, and your position from the ground-up. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of a product's emergence into the marketplace, ensuring that these are efficient and effective.
You’ll own all aspects of product development and product maximisation. You’ll manage a team, and consult with the business and clients, regularly. You’ll be the champion and ambassador for products your team sponsors, bringing in technical expertise as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
You’ll be responsible for the entire lifecycle of multiple products (though you’ll have one big product project initially), and your duties will include:
Initial Product Assessment
- Researching and anticipating client needs and desires to identify trends in the market, and potential business opportunities
- Carrying out appraisals of products and aligning these with client needs, using data/research as necessary
- Working with the Sales Director to determine appropriate sales strategies
- Developing schedules and costings for sales, marketing, and production
- Using your market research data, you’ll recommend product pricing, as well as highlight alternative revenue generation opportunities
- Manage the implementation of plans devised earlier in the process, and ensure that development goes to schedule and is on budget
- Working with the Marketing Team to plan and instigate an appropriate product launch, targeting relevant prospects for the product from both existing and potential clients. Work with the Partners Managers and Account Managers to identify potential opportunities for upselling to existing clients
- Acting as an evangelist for the product, and/or find appropriate champions for the product, so that community representation is ensured
- Conducting a post-launch review at scheduled intervals after a product has gone live, collecting and analysing feedback, then examining profitability against expenditure. Reporting back to the Board on profitability, successes and failures. Recalibrating product targeting as necessary, in liaison with the Board and the Marketing Department
Professional and personal characteristics
- Strategic: You’ll be able to take an idea, and break it down into a concrete plan, translating vision into reality
- Tech-savvy: You’ll have an interest in the technical world, and although you may not necessarily come from a purely technical background yourself, you’ll have a good understanding of the latest technical trends and innovations
- Level headed: You’ll have vision, drive and be innovative, but will also be practical and business focussed
- Creative: You’ll be good at analysing problems, and finding solutions for them
- Driven: You’ll be goal focussed, and getting to the finish line will matter to you
- Autonomous: You’ll be self-motivated and autonomous. You can take instructions and make decisions about your own workload
- Commercially aware: You’ll be commercially astute and sales-oriented, with the ability to understand the needs and goals of the business
- Confident: You’ll be confident at selling and interacting at senior management level
- Calm under pressure: You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and remain calm and unfazed by high pressure situations
- Engaging communicator: You’ll have excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing. The ability to elicit information from people quickly, understand it, ask relevant questions, and summarise to third parties. The confidence to communicate directly with stakeholders, and the ability to be firm yet diplomatic
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for someone with previous experience as a Product Manager, or of taking one or more products to market. Previous experience of having managed a project would also be beneficial.
We ask all staff to undertake a DBS check. You should be happy to do this.
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse, fast-paced, and rewarding company. Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.