About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our Szeged office. You’d be working on large-scale enterprise projects for our clients, using a range of PHP frameworks. All of our projects are run using the Agile methodology, and you’d be part of a SCRUM team.
- You’ll have a solid, grounded programming knowledge base and will be able write code following best practice
- You’re able to design and construct PHP applications and will be comfortable defining the architecture solutions to connect services, ORMs and caching
- You’re able to undertake most tasks using appropriate, workable solutions
- You’ll be able to work on internal projects, gathering requirements, creating analysis and prioritisation
- You have a sound knowledge of, and are comfortable with, GIT version control system
- You’re able to produce code quickly, without compromising on quality
- You’re able to deliver work to your own estimates and offer opinions on the estimates of others, based on their skill level and experience.
- You’ll be able to work in a team, guiding, steering and supporting it towards the completion of goals and objectives. You’ll be able to help others to integrate effectively into the team and be productive as quickly as possible.
As a Developer you will be involved in projects during a number of stages, as follows:
- You may be asked to contribute to client proposals, pending review by a more senior technical staff member.
- You may be asked to set up the environment for the commencement of a project, in preparation for the rest of the team to begin work. This is likely to require making decisions about what tools and services to use, taking into account factors such as the level of knowledge and the expectations of the team and the company as a whole, as well as industry best practice.
- You will undertake sprint work as required by the needs of the project. The majority of your time will be spent writing code and carrying out tests.
- You may be required to liaise between junior developers, clients, hosting companies and other stakeholder.
- You will be required to contribute to and participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups and demos.
- You will be expected to attend project retrospectives and contribute as appropriate
Qualifications and experience
Ideally you’ll have experience of working:
- In a variety of corporate and commercial environments, including large enterprise and start-ups
- In a variety of different industries
- On a variety of different projects, including differing durations and different deadline needs (short/tight as well as longer, more strategic projects)
- On a medium to large sized team. You will have potentially led a small team, or sub-team on an ad-hoc basis or temporary basis
You’ll ideally hold a relevant certification for your field of expertise, e.g. Magento Certified Developer, Zend Certified PHP or SensioLabs Certified Symfony Developer. A degree in Computer Science or a similar field is desirable.
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, paid annual leave, flexible core hours, and training days.