Purpose of the role
We’re looking for a UX Architect to join our London team, and help support both Inviqa’s client projects, and internal projects. You’ll be involved in really exciting service design, ecommerce and content projects, helping to articulate overall client vision and user experience.
Responsibilities and duties
- Best practices: conceiving, creating, and designing user-centric interfaces that optimise the user-experience with multi-device digital website and services.
- Requirements Gathering: assisting in gathering requirements, investigating and analysing them, and detailing through diagrams, user profiles, and workflows
- Audits: creating user experience audits and heuristic evaluations
- Interaction design solutions: working directly with technology practitioners to ensure that interaction design solutions are innovative and compliant with the technical requirements of a project
- Organised: encouraging the development of rich functional prototypes whilst working with multiple clients
- Collaborative: collaborating with strategic resources to develop personas, user profiles, and test scenarios
- Design: rapidly prototyping web portal and application solution design with a focus on 'look, feel' and aesthetics
- Relationship management: managing the relationship with consultancy, creative, and development teams – both internal and external
- Adaptable: maintaining and developing knowledge and technique in UX, research methodologies, prototyping, and interaction principles
- Presenting: confidently presenting your own work, and actively taking part in workshops with clients
- Development & Interface: developing a UI paradigm and offering highly usable interface solutions
- Mockup creation: creating UI mockups, flow diagrams, and final UI designs
Professional and personal characteristics
- Proficient with wireframes: proficiency with industry-standard wireframing and prototyping tools
- Aware of UX theory: you possess a high level of knowledge of established practices in UX theory and have adapted this to your own methodology
- Original: able to produce original and valuable ideas and solutions to use in projects
- Experienced in Agile development: experience with UX in an Agile development environment, ensuring outputs are useful for technical teams
- Capable of design thinking: an evolving practice of design thinking
- Problem-solving: capable of tackling complex problems and bringing clarity, order, and understanding
- Requirements gathering: able to gather requirements, conduct user research, scenarios, personas, sketches, models, site maps, user journeys, process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and any other relevant UX outputs
- Simplification: driven to simplifying involved design challenges
- Enthusiastic: results-focused attitude with a passion for delivering the highest quality work
- Passionate: a knowledgeable and passionate advocate of user-centred design
- Attentive: knowledge of emerging digital trends and techniques
- Systematic: able to tackle complex problems and bring clarity, order, and understanding to specific requirements
- Punctual: the ability to work independently and to strict deadlines without compromising quality of work
- Committed: dedicated to providing a bright, creative, and intelligent approach
- Analytical: able to provide a sound rationale to a variety of solutions
- A good communicator: excellent interpersonal and people management skills with the ability to lead, motivate, and inspire
- Creative: take an actively creative, innovative, and intelligent approach towards the work. Provide sound rationale and solutions to challenges
- Collaborative: generous in your time with others, you seek to mentor, guide, and help colleagues.
Qualifications and experience
- Solid experience of working in an agency for blue-chip clients
- Proven experience in rapid, iterative low- and high-fidelity prototyping/ wireframing
- The ability to conduct user profiling and user needs analysis
- The ability to elicit and define business / user process flows and requirements
- Experience of formal and informal user testing
- Experience of ideation and concept generation
- An excellent portfolio of work, including examples of concepts and sketches through to high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes
- A good understanding of frontend development, Agile methodologies, service design, and / or visual design is a big plus
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.
You will also receive up to 5 conference and 5 training days per annum.