Join us for a breakfast briefing workshop at The Groucho Club with Dmitry Shishkin, digital development editor at BBC World Service, and Mike Brooks, head of consulting at Inviqa, to learn more about the approaches, methodologies, and organisational changes required to drive innovation and continuously improve customer-facing digital services.
- When: 08:30am–11:00am, July 3, 2018
- Where: The Groucho Club, London, W1D 4QB (map)
- Who: This event is geared at heads of digital interested in: improving digital strategy within their organisation, driving innovation, and improving customer experiences
- Speakers: Dimitry Shishkin, BBC World Services, and Mike Brooks, Inviqa
- 08:30 - 09:00: Arrival and networking
- 09:00 - 09:30: Sit-down breakfast
- 09:30 - 10:15: Dimitry Shishkin, BBC: What it takes to lead digital transformation (BBC World Service)
- 10:15 - 11:00: Mike Brooks, Inviqa: Putting business value at the heart of digital strategy
- 11:00: Event closes
Spaces at this event are strictly limited, so please use the form on the right to apply for a complimentary place.
Dmitry Shishkin, BBC World Service
Dmitry Shishkin is responsible for shaping and leading the digital evolution of BBC World Service in 40 foreign languages, with particular emphasis on editorial innovation, digital transformation, and change management. He has worked in various editorial development and leadership roles for the digital section of BBC News over the last seven years, as well as consulting companies across media, banking, and the energy sector on their digital strategies.
What it takes to lead digital transformation
Based on key lessons from the BBC World Service, Dmitry Shishkin will explore the leadership, structures, and processes that are key to driving innovation and transforming digital experiences. With his experience in moving disparate parts of the business towards the same goal, Dmitry will explore what’s needed to change the strategic direction of an organisation and how to ensure that translates into winning digital products and services.
- How the BBC World Service and other organisations can effect digital change
- The rise of bridge roles in complex organisations with disparate teams
- How to establish the right structures, leadership, and digital culture
- Approaches and workflows for transitioning to a data-led organisation
Mike Brooks, Inviqa
Mike is director of Inviqa’s consultancy practice. A seasoned practitioner in all aspects of digital strategy, Mike’s experience includes programme, project, and change management, along with organisational design and development, leadership, executive and management development, business process design, and ICT for complex organisations.
Putting business value at the heart of digital strategy
Where there’s a disconnect between business strategy and the teams responsible for building and evolving digital products, organisations struggle to improve customer experiences, and miss opportunities to innovate. In this hands-on session, Mike Brooks, director of consultancy at digital agency Inviqa, will demonstrate tactics for creating alignment across business strategy and digital delivery, and methods to ensure business value remains the focus of your digital strategy.
- The value of digital roadmapping and how to do it effectively
- How to translate customer journey mapping into a measured plan of action
- Techniques for prioritising and funding continuous improvement in digital initiatives