Drupal courses at Inviqa
With our one- to four-day Drupal beginners' courses, we'll get you up to speed in no time, whether you're a developer or a content manager.
Beginner training courses:
- Drupal 8 from scratch (no coding required; 1 day)
- Drupal 7 developer bootcamp (3-4 days)
Whether you're looking for developer training or content management training, our Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 courses will help you achieve your goals faster.
Intermediate training courses:
- Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 site building (no coding required; 1 day)
- Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 developer bootcamp (3-4 days)
- Drupal 8 developer bootcamp (site building, Twig theming, and coding; 3-5 days)
With Drupal 8 being adopted at speed, learn how to make the switch from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 with our Drupal 8 developer courses.
Advanced training courses:
- Drupal 8 developer bootcamp (offered at intermediate or advanced level; 3-5 days)
Drupal 8 from scratch
You’re completely new to Drupal and might have no understanding of coding. You’ve heard about Drupal and want to experience it firsthand to learn what all the fuss is about. Perhaps your content team wants to build and manage its own website but needs upskilling on the Drupal platform – and fast.
‘It was great to see the team getting up-to-speed on Drupal 8. Seeing them ask the "right"questions was a clear indication of how well the course was led.
‘Our trainer was a great and enthusiastic course leader, his passion was clear throughout the session; he kept the content pace perfect, and there was no death by PowerPoint which often happens in training such as this’.
– Matt Gill, PA Consulting
How we can help
Our intensive, one-day introduction to Drupal 8 (for absolute beginners) is designed to help you understand exactly what Drupal 8 offers and how it’s meant be used.
We’ll help you to start making all the right decisions when it comes to your site architecture and your content strategy, opening the doors to using Drupal as your decoupled CMS platform of choice for the future.
You’ll learn how o build a state-of- the-art website without writing a single line of code.
We’ll briefly explore how to implement a modern, component-based content module and even go as far as showing you how you can easily expose your content via RESTful web services for consumption via Android, iOS and Windows apps.
- Installing Drupal 8 on your local desktop or laptop
- Content types: implementing your content model
- Roles: stakeholder personas and their stories
- Permissions: controlling who can do what
- Field handling: settings, widgets, and permissions
- Taxonomy: categorising your content
- Views: content lists, carousels, and data mining pages
- SEO customisations
- Machine-readable output: a little bit of JSON + XML output via REST services
- Extending Drupal with core and community modules
- Theme manipulation
- Content modelling for the unknown consumer
- Distributions: pre-built turnkey solutions
Drupal 7 developer bootcamp
You’re in an experienced developer team that needs to make the transition to using Drupal from another CMS platform. You need to get up to speed on the Drupal framework, quickly and effectively.
‘Nick clearly eats sleeps and breathes Drupal, and effortlessly eases you into his world, getting you on board with the ideology. The course introduced the key concepts at a pace that ensured I got as much as possible out of it.
'A very positive, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly style of delivery combined with quality materials made this my most enjoyable IT training course to date’.
– Andy Anderson, Scottish National Heritage
How we can help
This four-day intensely practical Drupal 7 course caters for experienced web developers who need to make the transition to using the Drupal framework.
Specifically, the course is designed to equip developers with the knowledge and skills to start designing, building, maintaining, and theming – using best practice Drupal 7 sites immediately.
- Day 1: Drupal 7 from scratch – from installations to distributions
- Day 2: Drupal 7 site building – from rules to content layout extensions
- Day 4: live scenarios – creating and deploying real features on your website
Drupal 8 developer bootcamp
You're a PHP developer with some object-oriented experience and want to make the move to developing in Drupal. You need a concise, guided course on how to use your coding skills effectively within Drupal 8's brand new Symfony-powered API.
‘I cannot recommend this course enough. This training is the difference between asking for a fish and being taught how to fish. The instruction was precisely tailored to our needs and situation. Inspiring, confidence-building, and a great transfer of knowledge. Highly recommended!’
– Lynden Swift, Forestry Commission
How we can help
Our three-day deep-dive coding course covers everything from the early beginnings of handmade module-building to rapid module development using automated Symfony code generation. If you and your team are entirely new to Drupal, we strongly recommend completing our 'Drupal from scratch' and 'Drupal 8 theming' courses beforehand.
- Learn how to tool-up for Drupal 8
- Understand custom Twig functions, plugins, hooks and more
- Covers everything from controllers and routes, to config management
Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 developer bootcamp
You’re a developer looking to make the move from the familiar world of Drupal 7 to the all-new Drupal 8 ways of working.
‘Nick went out of his way to figure out ways of keeping us working and learning. And he was also impressive in understanding our different needs and abilities, and adapting to suit them.
'I’d unhesitatingly recommend his training to other organisations’.
– Jeremy Ottevanger, Imperial War Museums
How we can help
The goal of this pathway is to take developer teams through a smooth transition from the familiar world of Drupal 7 development into that of Drupal 8, with all its state-of- the-art ways of working in PHP – from Symfony and Dependency Injection (DI), to Services, Composer, and more.
We optionally start with an abstracted introduction to Symfony and Twig to set the scene for the underlying codebase. We then move onto highlighting the key site-building differences between Drupal 7 and Drupal 8, and we take an in-depth look at Drupal 8 theme development using the Twig engine.
We’ll teach you how to write state-of- the-art code within Drupal 8 in such a way as to be Symfony- and DI-compliant whilst still maintaining harmony with less tech-savvy site builders.
- Day 1: Symfony primer – from installation to working with Twig
- Day 2: site building and theming transition – from distributions to sub-theming
- Days 3-4: Drupal 8 coding – from controllers and backend caching basics, to data querying and frontend exercises
Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 site building
You're a site builder that needs to get to grips with the all-new version of the platform: Drupal 8. You've heard that Drupal 8 is an even more powerful platform and want to learn more about how you and your organisation can benefit from the myriad of new features.
How we can help
A one-day course designed as a transition for existing Drupal 7 site builders. Based on content from our 'Drupal 8 from scratch' course, this one-day session compares and contrasts 'old' and 'new' Drupal to help you transition. Absolutely zero coding involved.
- Navigate the maze of transitioning to Drupal 8
- Get up to speed on Drupal 8 in a day
- Capitalise on the key changes from Drupal 7-8
A brilliantly structured and thoroughly enjoyable training course. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to Drupal.
James Knapman, web designer, British Forces Broadcasting Service
We've trained organisations across a breadth of sectors, from higher education and government, to retail and charity.
Teaching core Drupal skills to an indispensable development team
Helping the Communications Office move to Drupal 7
Multiple teams of Data Scientists trained up in Drupal 7
Training the Met on how to get the upper hand on their content with Drupal 7
Coming to the rescue of a web developer team in need of Drupal training
Training a team where only best practice will make the cut
Getting a team of five from zero to hero in Drupal 7
Bringing a team of five graduate engineers up to speed with Drupal
Helping Lush scrub up in Drupal
Helping multiple publishing teams master their CMS
Enabling Macmillan publish across multiple sites
Helping an institution adopt large scale Drupal 7
Complete our contact form to register your interest in our courses, or to learn more about how we can help you.
Together, we’ll determine the right training plan for you and your team.