For publishers, by publishers
Digital publishers are often looking for identical features and end results on their sites. They compete on brand and content, but they’re making the same demands on their content management technology.
That was the thinking behind Hubert Burda Media’s decision to open-source its CMS to other publishers.
Thunder was initially produced by Hubert Burda Media (Playboy, InStyle) for its own benefit before the media organisation realised it had much to gain by using and developing its CMS in partnership with other publishers.
Based on Drupal 8, Thunder allows publishers to get to market faster:
- Publisher-centric modules for faster set-up
- Easy to install, deploy, and add functionality
- Third-party integrations including Nexx.tv video player
- Integration with Facebook Instant Articles
- Preset roles and permissions
- Advanced article content type
Get in touch with our CMS consultants to discuss whether Thunder is right for you.
We’ve trained, coached, and created transformative CMS websites for a wide range of professional publishers.
Digital consulting for a major news brand
Upskilling the team with CMS training
Helping a publisher streamline its digital delivery