About the role
We are passionate about delivering quality, high-end web development using open source technology. Founded in 2007, we quickly established ourselves as the leading PHP authority in the UK. Today we have six offices in the UK with over a 170 employees, and we’re still growing.
We are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to work within the Sales team. You'll be tasked with closing new business opportunities for Inviqa, and will manage your own pipeline. It’s essential that you have previous experience in selling web-based projects. The role involves qualifying prospects (including inbound leads), developing new business opportunities, nurturing existing relationships and closing business according to agreed terms.
Responsibilities and duties
You’ll be engaged in a number of tasks, including:
- Proactively responding to inbound leads, and qualifying them
- Being responsible for personal demand generation and outbound sales activity
- Actively closing deals according to mutually agreed targets and sales quotas
- Collaborating with the Strategic Partners to generate new business opportunities, within designated sectors
- Constantly developing key relationships internally and externally, both by telephone and in person.
- Assisting other Sales Team members to achieve company targets.
- Working closely with internal subject matter experts to create and preparing strong proposals and related documents
- Customer focussed with a desire to provide the best possible service
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to elicit information from people quickly
- Able to form strong relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, especially with senior client decision-makers
- Passionate about the latest technologies, digital developments, and digital transformations
- Naturally driven with enthusiasm for the field
- Comfortable approaching prospective clients, and capable of quickly building a strong rapport with them
- A great networker, you’ll be adept at building contacts, and keeping in touch with people and organisations of possible future interest
- Able to learn and comprehend the range of Inviqa technology offerings, so that you can suggest possible solutions to a client, and discuss their needs fully with them
- Aware of your own technical shortcomings, and you’ll not be afraid of getting the right people in front of the client at the right time
Qualifications and experience
- An good understanding of the current digital landscape, specifically eCommerce, Content Management Systems, or other SaaS offerings
- Experience in a business development/sales environment, ideally with digital solutions (especially PHP. Drupal, Magento, Salesforce or similar vendors) using web applications of related technology
- Experience of selling large-scale projects (£150k-£500k+) and will have presented pitches to senior board members
- A degree, or equivalent experience, would be an advantage but is not mandatory
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer you a competitive salary and a discretionary bonus. We'll provide you with the latest tools to help you do your job (e.g. a Macbook Pro).
We have a company pension scheme, and offer childcare vouchers to all staff.