About the role
Purpose of the role
The purpose of your role as the Demandware Solution Specialist, is to be an authority on Demandware, both internally and externally. You will act as a Demandware product specialist, providing consultancy to the organisation and its clients.
Responsibilities and duties
You will take a leading role in ensuring the delivery of Demandware projects by ensuring that individuals are adequately trained, and that we have sufficient outsourced resource capability to meet demands. You will be expected to consult and guide both internal resources and clients, proactively checking that there are viable solutions to any problems that could be encountered from internal and external Demandware requirements. You will be expected to deliver training sessions to guarantee Inviqa’s knowledge of Demandware is up-to-date, ensuring that we have access to the latest Demandware training materials, as well as those on the latest eCommerce and Demandware developments.
You role will involve working closely with the pre-sales/ bid team to help them in responding to new prospects and projects, and then taking ownership of the discovery and demo environments.
Professional and Personal Characteristics
- You will have a thorough understanding of the Demandware Platform.
- You will be customer focussed with a drive to enable the delivery of quality projects by consulting and a full understanding the goals of the business.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. You’ll have the ability to quickly elicit information from people, asking relevant questions, and being able to summarise to interested parties.
- You will have an understanding of the “puristic” approach to methods like Agile, but also the capability to compromise perfection, in order to deliver working software solutions within budget.
- The ability to identify and prioritise issues whilst driving towards the end solution, managing stakeholders expectations and objectives along the way.
- You will have the ability to analyse and assess non-technical problems and deal with the majority of them using your own knowledge and experience; the capability of advising and guiding others on complex problems, whilst aware of your own limitations. The wisdom of knowing when to pass situations on to someone else better able to deal with them.
Qualifications and Experience
- You must have experience of advising and consulting on Demandware Solutions.
- Demandware Certified Solution Specialist certification is preferred, but is not essential.
- You must have had previous experience within an agency environment
Some degree of technical understanding of Demandware would be an advantage. A degree in a relevant subject (Computer Science, Business Management or similar), or equivalent experience, would be preferred.
What we offer
Our employees value the flexible working environment and the chance to develop their skills on a wide variety of interesting projects.
We offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, and we also operate a childcare voucher scheme. All employees are able to join the company pension scheme after passing probation.