Inviqa delivered a stable, flexible, and user-centric ecommerce store that’s enabling Dreams to secure double-digit growth each year:
- Online orders double in 6 months
- Conversion rate up by 35% in 12 months
- Cost per acquisition (CPA) down by 55%
With more than 25 years of experience, Dreams is the UK's largest beds retailer and has never had an issue getting people to its website.
But the popular retailer was suffering from extremely low conversion rates despite intensive advertising campaigns which were driving high volumes of traffic to the online store.
Improving conversion was critical to growing online revenue, but the website was unstable, inflexible, and difficult to scale. What’s more, poor product imagery and a clunky user experience was creating needless friction in the path to purchase.
What we did
We created a new, user-centric ecommerce store for Dreams based on the popular Magento Commerce platform.
The site was developed with a structure and design that allowed the retailer to effectively showcase its products and brand online.
Our implementations included offering shoppers a range of delivery options and specific product recommendations, as well as helping to boost the security of the platform.
Our work with Dreams included:
- Full integration with Dreams’ Microsoft Dynamics ERP and logistics systems
- Cache extensions to increase performance while reducing infrastructure
- Catalogue view with dynamic price-changing based on simple product variants
- Store locator integrated with Google Maps API
- Real-time dynamic presentation of relevant content to every visitor
Across a partnership that spans six years, we’ve helped Dreams to continuously improve its online store through a number of key enhancements, from adding additional ways to make a payment, to improving online stock availability and allowing shoppers to check whether a product is stocked in their nearest store.
With a digital culture focused on learning and experimentation, Dreams is able to move a lot faster than many other retail brands and is seeing double-digit growth each year.
A great example of this is the approach Dreams has taken to become one of retail’s earliest adopters of Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
A completely fresh approach was needed and Inviqa was a natural candidate. They delivered a cost effective, high-performing, scalable platform.
Dreams experienced a complete turnaround with the launch of the new site. Online orders rose by 52% in just six months, and the first 12 months achieved the following milestones:
- Online orders up by 50%
- Conversion rate up by 35%
- CPA down by 55%
The next phase of our work with Dreams involved upgrading its platform to the latest version of Magento. This resulted in:
- A faster checkout
- Increased performance owing to improved caching capabilities
- Faster indexing, meaning future supplementations and updates to the product listings are easier
Our work to help Dreams become one of the first retailers to adopt Google AMP has translated into significant performance gains on mobile. Learn more about how Inviqa has helped Dreams to deliver dramatic improvements in page speed.