Aman undertook a company-wide digital transformation initiative to refresh its digital presence and provide an original, state-of-the-art user experience whilst retaining the brand’s spirit and values.
A critical component of the transformation project was their main website, which was old and hampered by legacy technology. The site needed a platform upgrade and redesign in order to bring it up to standard and provide a foundation for future digital projects and further expansion.
We were tasked with helping Aman fulfil their dreams of providing an exceptional user experience on their site, transcending the norms in structural and visual formatting and inspiring their customers from the very first click!
What we did
This project required a full suite of our services. We began by conducting an audit of their old site to identify key priorities and opportunities for improvement. We then managed an extensive user research project (quantitative and qualitative), including interviews to create an in-depth profile of customer needs and expectations. In parallel, we held ideation sessions to better understand Aman’s vision for the site. Feedback from the audit and outputs from user research and ideation sessions informed key aspects of the project and digital roadmap, as we then set about creating Aman’s new digital home.
- Their previous site was built on Drupal 7, and due to the legacy nature of the code, the cost of maintaining and developing the old site was time-consuming and unnecessarily expensive. We migrated the site to Drupal 8 introducing new features and improving the site architecture and code
- Content modelling was used to determine how components relate to one another within the administrative functioning of the site, improving the reusability of content across the site and the user experience for content managers
- Workflows were streamlined making it much easier for administrators to upload and edit content
- Implemented Drupal’s layout builder, a tool which makes it easy for site administrators to create flexible, component rich pages and easily access a large library of brand assets
- Overhauled the site’s navigation, building the menu bar in such a way that gives greater flexibility in what can be displayed whilst reducing the administrative requirements to keep it updated
- Reskinned the third party booking engine to ensure consistency across the site
- Implemented Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) tooling for ongoing optimisation
- Introduced multilingual functionality, which now allows their team to translate content quickly and easily
- This project was completed remotely during the pandemic; we adapted to lockdown successfully and delivered on the client’s stated objectives.
Through the dedication of the Inviqa and Aman teams, we have launched a world-class travel website that reflects the quality of this fantastic brand. The overall performance and speed of the site has drastically improved via the use of specific coding and advanced image processing techniques. Furthermore, we have improved administrative workflows and bolstered the customer experience on-site. The site can now handle their extremely heavy media requirements and is future-proofed; more stable, sustainable, and scalable.
The launch of this new site represents a crucial aspect of Aman’s commitment to digital transformation. Its revolutionary look and feel will help Aman push forward as a brand and set a new direction of travel, delighting customers through a more streamlined digital experience and booking process. It is unique, striking and enchanting; the interface truly does get customers excited from the get go!
Aman has an ambitious roadmap for their digital estate over the next few years and this new site provides the foundation to achieve their goals. We will continue to work together, applying our skills and expertise to evolve and optimise their customer experience.